While the girls were gone we had a little extra time on our hands so Dave and I decided to paint our decrepit bird feeder. We’ve had it since we moved to Arkansas 14 years ago so it was definitely in need of some TLC. As you can see, it looked pretty bad. It had birdseed actually growing in it, lichens on the roof, and two broken roof slats.
We scraped out the seeds and dirt and sanded off the lichens. Then we removed the broken slats. We’re ready to prime and paint.
The feeder quickly absorbed two coats of primer, but now we’re ready to paint.
We used Behr paint color samples from Home Depot in Allure (red), Honey Locust (yellow), and Oregano Spice (green).
It took two coats of paint on most areas and then we had to replace the roof slats. We used a piece of composite trim that we had lying around. Once all the paint had dried, I applied a clear coat sealant for extra protection (even though I used outdoor paint). I think it turned out beautifully.