National Whipped Cream Day!
January 5th is National Whipped Cream Day. Let’s celebrate with a list of our favorite things to do with whipped cream.
- Presley’s hot chocolate
- Belgian waffles
- Pumpkin pie
- Key Lime pie
- Strawberry shortcake (the dessert of course not the doll)
- Ice cream sundaes or banana splits
- Pie in the Face game
- STRAIGHT OUT OF THE CAN! (While fresh whipped cream is delicious, this is almost as good and so much more convenient)
If you’re interested in the real thing, here’s the basic recipe:
Add 1 cup whipping cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, and ½ teaspoon vanilla to a CHILLED mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder + 1 additional tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon lemon, orange, or lime zest
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, nutmeg, or ginger
I still remember the cake my aunt made for me one summer when I was around ten: layers of deviled food cake separated by chocolate pudding and frosted with homemade whipped cream. It sounds like a great way to celebrate the day!